Miscelánea: A Journal of English and American Studies is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal published twice a year by the Department of English and German Philology, University of Zaragoza, Spain.
Miscelánea publishes articles on English language and linguistics, on literatures written in English, on thought, cinema and cultural studies from the English-speaking world.
Papers may be published if they receive favourable reports from readers who are specialists in the area. Every article is evaluated anonymously by a minimum of two referees, one at least belonging to a university other than that of Zaragoza. Readers will not be apprised of the authorship of these articles. The authorship of the reports will also be confidential, though their purport may be communicated to the contributors concerned if so desired.
Readers will be required to weigh up the articles that are sent to them and make out as soon as possible a written report describing the article in terms of the points itemized in an evaluation form. In the case of articles that have not been accepted or need revision, an additional report will be made out indicating the reasons for non-acceptance, or the changes to be made as the case may be.
The criteria for selecting unsolicited contributions will be basically: their global interest and originality, their theoretical and methodological rigour, the development of a well defined thesis, the quality of their style and the general observance of the norms required of work of an academic nature. The papers submitted should evince serious academic work contributing new knowledge or innovative critical perspectives on the subject in question. Articles that are of a merely popularising nature will not be accepted.
Although every effort will be made to publish contributions that have received favourable reports, the Editors reserve the right to make a further and final selection when the number of contributions with favourable reports is in excess of the number of articles that can be conveniently published in one issue of the Journal. In the case of partially negative reports as well as positive ones on the same article, the final decision will lie with the discretion of the Editors, who will weigh up the reports and the general interest of the subject matter of the article. Additional reports may also be sought.
The articles submitted should stick to the Publication Guidelines included in this volume (see below). The Editors may correct clerical or factual errors and introduce stylistic corrections without further notice.
For additional information, contact the Editors, Silvia Martínez Falquina and Silvia Murillo Ornat, at the following address or via e-mail:
Silvia Martínez Falquina (literature, film and cultural studies)
Silvia Murillo Ornat (language and linguistics)
Departamento de Filología Inglesa y Alemana
Facultad de Filosofía y Letras
C/ San Juan Bosco, 7
Universidad de Zaragoza
50009 Zaragoza, SPAIN
The Journal is published twice yearly. Both the language and linguistics issue and the literature, film and cultural studies issue are published in December.
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
There is no author's submission fee or other publication related fee.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
For more information see Miscelanea's Copyright Notice
Miscelánea welcomes exchanges with other scholarly publications. Please write to:
Laura Roldán SevillanoRevista Miscelánea (Intercambios)
The basic exchange rate for periodical publications is established on the basis of annual volumes. Quarterly, bi-monthly or monthly journals, or book series editors, may agree to establish other rates or complementary exchanges.
Covered by the following databases and index lists:
- Linguistics & Language Behavior Abstracts
- MLA International Biography
- MLA List of Periodicals
- EBSCO Publishing
- DOAJ Directory of Open Access Journals
- ERIH European Reference Index for the Humanities
- ERIH Plus
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- ISOC Revistas de Ciencias Sociales y Humanidades del CSIC
- DIALNET Portal de Difusión de la Producción Científica Hispana
- LATINDEX Sistema Regional de Información en Línea para Revistas Científicas de América Latina, el Caribe, España y Portugal
- DICE Difusión y Calidad Editorial de las Revistas Españolas de Humanidades y Ciencias Sociales y Jurídicas
- RESH Revistas Españolas de Ciencias Sociales y Humanas del CSIC
- MIAR 2018
- Bibliography of European Journals for English Studies (BEJES), published by the European Society for the Study of English (ESSE)
- Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature (ABELL)
- Directory of Electronic Journals, Newsletters and Academic Discussion Lists published by the Association of Research Libraries Washington, DC, USA
- Literary Theory and Criticism: A Bibliography. Comp. José Ángel García Landa, available online at the following website: http://www.unizar.es/departamentos/filologia_inglesa/garciala/bibliography.html
- Index Coppernicus International
SEAL OF EXCELLENCE FECYT. Miscelánea: A Journal of English and American Studies has been awarded a Quality Seal for Excellence of scientific journals, granted by the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT), a scientific body pertaining to the Spanish Ministry of Economic Affairs and Competitiveness, in 2016.